Thursday, January 30, 2014

230 Needless Deaths Diet Parable ... by DianaDee Osborne

JANUARY 30  
     230 people did not have to die.      
Two Hundred Thirty.          

But no one cared about the law to have more than 1 exit
      in a room with 100s of people.  

After all -- A single exit avoids people sneaking in without paying.  
Makes it easier to watch the fun-goers.
No one cared about the law 
     --needing more than one fire extinguishers in a room of 100s.
No one cared about the law  of having the (one) fire extinguisher tested....
       or maybe even looking at its gauge. 
No one cared about the history showing   FIRE being accidentally set in other night clubs in other countries.    It was a night to just relax and have fun in Santa Maria Brazil. 
      No one expected to needlessly die.

Yet on that January night in 2013, 
230 people just having fun listening to music, being with friends, died needlessly in  night club 
          because just a few laws were ignored.
======================================================================
  WHEN    DID     WE  START  BELIEVING 
  THAT  GOD'S  LAWS  ARE   BAD  FOR US?                 
            OH YES - that Garden of Eden fruit thing! 
Needless death then and now when we ignore God's laws
that He gave for LOVE and protection as well...

Deuteronomy 10: 13 -- starting with   Verse 12 that Jesus quoted:
"what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, [and] 
to keep the commandments of the LORD and His statutes which I command you today for your good?" 
"Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the LORD your God, also the earth with all that is in it."

PRAYER
Father God, please forgive me for all the times I've been ANGRY that I have to watch my food choices to avoid gaining weight while other people seem to be able to enjoy all the foods I love -- and stay thin.  

Please help me remember that my dieting is NOT about what the scale says or how I look outside.  It's all about my heart.  Not just health.  It's all about my heart for YOU -- Yearning to OBEY your commandments to self-discipline.  For my good.  Because You LOVE me and want what IS literally FOR MY GOOD.  I praise Your holy Name!  I DO love You so much.....
============
 

©2013, 2014 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Other encouraging resources:  http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com 

ALBUM:      Amazing Christ 'n' CHRISTmas  
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php