Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Exciting FINDING Promise ............ by DianaDee Osborne

JANUARY 15

Have you ever found a verse in the Bible
that excited you so much that your heart was pounding for JOY!?
That you pondered,
prayed over,
thanked the LORD God over and over....
and then suddenly wondered:
WHY HAVEN'T  I EVER HEARD THIS IN CHURCH?
WHY HASN'T THIS WONDERFUL WORD
EVER been  EMPHASIZED
OVER  & OVER .... and over.........
IN CHURCH?
That's how I feel about   Hebrews 11: 6.
Here is how God's PROMISE ends in that verse:
He -- that is, God -- "IS A REWARDER
OF THOSE WHO DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM."
I've always Believed In God".
But, as God tells us in James 2:19.... and I love the old King James wording:
Thou believest that there is one God; 
thou doest well: 
the devils also believe, and tremble.        
I sure  feel like my life -- including the dieting and food choices part --
would be easier If I could just keep in my mind:
WHEN I DILIGENTLY -- not like a wimp noodle (speaking of food) but 
CONSTANTLY and EARNESTLY seek to obey God 
and to know His Will through His Bible,  
to know His will through my prayers to Him,
to OBEY God's will   because I know through His Bible He loved me and
DOES want know and want what is BEST for me,
including choosing self-control over emotional eating....
When ANY of us DILIGENTLY seek God in ANYTHING,
God Rewards us.  He promises.  Hebrews 11:6.

But technically,  that scripture reference needs the letter C after the 6.
Because the promise is the CONDITIONAL PROMISE
that requires me.... that requires us.... to do part A before God will do Part C,
and is kindly explained to is in Part B so we can get to the Part C promise.
The condition in Hebrews 11:6 A is this:
God will reward us when we have faith in Him.
Without faith it is impossible to please God",
says God at the beginning of Hebrews 11:6.      
And isn't this PERFECTLY logical to us all?
Aren't  YOU  upset -- not pleased --
when people do not believe you,
think you might have lied?  Don't have FAITH in YOUR word?    
 

GOD'S ENCOURAGEMENT
Such great encouragement for us is already in Hebrews 11:6!
For more encouragement, read the entire section of God's Word, 
starting with Hebrews 10  at the very least.
There is much joy here for those of us who so often fail in our attempts
to do good in our diets, in our other habits, in our entire lives....
God's promise that he REWARDS those of us who
believe His promises.... who Believe that God tells only what is Truth.
Who believe that Almighty God  Who created the entire universe
assuredly had the power to keep weak little humans 
from putting mistakes in His Bible. 
PRAYER
LORD God, Like the Father in Mark 9:24 -- I BELIEVE  You.
Help Thou my unbelief,  I pray.
©2013 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Other encouraging resources:  http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com