Monday, January 13, 2014

Cowardly Dieting- YET God's Encouragement..... by DianaDee Osborne

JANUARY 13
COWARDLY DIETING - YET God's Encouragement!

 People often don't remember that God's anger at murderers and sexually immoral people  and idolaters who worship money and things and etc,   as described in His Book's final chapters  is actually preceded by  
so-called "common" and so-called "Understandable" sins that anger Him also:

Fearful -- old King James Version
Cowardly  -- most versions
Unbelieving  -- most versions;  some say "faithless"

Check out Revelation 21:8  (New King James Version, but other versions use same words) 
"But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

WHY does God "rank"  these common sins as being as bad as murder etc?

Think about the LOGIC:

1.  Fearful or Cowardly means I don't trust God.  Eating or shopping or immersing myself in the Internet or television in order to "forget my troubles"  indicates that I'm scared to trust God.

2.  UNBELIEVING  or FAITH-LESS means that I not only do NOT trust God ---
I think He has LIED to me in all those Bible promises
 about LOVE and PROVIDING NEEDS.

3.  I myself am REALLY  MIFFED  (the nice word)  when someone calls ME a liar.
  4.  So why should I be surprised if God is angry at me when I turn to food and shopping and etc for comfort INSTEAD of trusting His Word that He will bring through whatever 
is causing me troubles,   causing me sorrows,   trying to steal God's
"PEACE THAT PASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING"  that God   "Who Cannot Lie" promised
Breaking our diets happens.... but as we   MATURE   in our faith,
this should be happening less often, shouldn't it?
Cowards seek their own solutions to their discomfort... running from problems and thoughts about them,  instead of turning to God.


Yet God STILL loves us! What wonderful encouragement when we feel like failures in dieting or anything else! He has mercy!...

Is Revelation 21: 8 not  easier to understand 
when we look at it from God's perspective 
to the little degree that we humans can grasp 
something about His Nature that God has repeatedly TOLD us?

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."    --- Philippians 4: 6 and 7


No comments:

Post a Comment