Saturday, January 25, 2014

Psalm 102 Troubled Praise Dieting .... by DianaDee Osborne

JANUARY 25

GOD  IS  GOOD.      ALL  THE  TIME.   
How many times have you heard people say this?
How many times have you thought it was glib...       
        rolling off the tongue....
                        easy to say without meaning.

LET'S   FACE   IT:
Sometimes we know a fact   but do not "feel"  it.
We know amid super-freezing temperatures   that spring is coming soon...
         but don't feel the joy of the fact.
We know that the school test or work challenge facing us
         will very soon be unimportant......
               but don't feel the joy of the fact.
We know that somehow we'll get through the pile of bills facing us,
        because we have before..... because "somehow"  God provided before.....
               but our exhausted spirit just can't face ......
 We KNOW
         God is good.   We KNOW it.  But we're still troubled.  We still feel....

As I face another month of watching my food choices....
As I face another month of knowing I will often give in to temptation unless I am
CONSTANTLY.... wearily  it seems ..... on guard and praying hard,
I find comfort in David's Psalm 102.  
In  GOD'S  Psalm 102,   for God guided David in writing the words.
I pray that you also will find comfort in David's song of Psalm 102 that God guided,
and in the song that I developed with God's guidance,

PSALM 102  TROUBLED  PRAISING  (Jazz)
ALBUM:      Amazing  Psalms 'n' Promises   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2013.php
   CLICK  HERE   to hear AUDIO file, free 

Dedicated to our Protector (when we ask-- Ephesians 6:10 to end) God, 17 June 2012
LYRICS
READING 1: “A Prayer of the afflicted, when he is overwhelmed and pours out his complaint before the LORD. 
Hear my prayer, O LORD, And let my cry come to You....”
 -- Psalm 102 : 1  &  2a, New King James Version .... 
   a prayer God hears from you,   too.    

VERSE  1
Hear my prayer, oh LORD.  Like Psalm  102.
In my trouble, don't hide your face from me,  oh, my LORD.
    I feel so overwhelmed.  My days drift by like smoke.
    I know health won't last.  And my heart feels so broken, O LORD.

 

CHORUS 1
I'm sick and troubled, yet I'm praising God ----

every day of this earthly life.
I'm weak,  yet trusting God Who answers prayers.  

Psalm 102, Just trust God.   

VERSE  3    (see website for verse 2 & chorus 2)
God looks from above  when people gather.    [ CHURCH !]
If He must, God gives troubles so we'll learn to trust LORD God.
    God will give me strength.  His power made all worlds.
    They shall perish, but Loving God endures and answers prayers.


CHORUS 2
I'm tired and troubled, yet I'm praising God. God hears all of our humble prayers.
God releases those who once faced death.  

Psalm 102,  verse 20.
FORESHADOWS of coming Jesus Christ!  


Foreshadows of coming JESUS CHRIST!
                (echoes:    JESUS........ JESUS........Jesus........Jesus)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SONG: ©2012 DianaDee Osborne
(all material), all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website
GOD'S ENCOURAGEMENT
"in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."    First Thessalonians 5:18.   God's word says
give thanks  IN   all things..... NOT "for".   
ONLY LIARS would ever say that JESUS would give thanks  FOR  an evil thing 
that is done... But He guides us to 
                     thank God  IN  the situation,
because -- like for David surrounded by enemies seeking to kill him -- God ALWAYS keeps His promise and delivers  when  we ask Him.
Psalm 102 is  Troubled Praising -- but there's 
no trouble  *TO*   finding ways to praise our    
        Magnificent HOLY  LORD  GOD!            

PRAYER
LORD God,  You are indeed my LORD.  I'm excited to see how you HAVE provided life.... excited to remember that You DO keep all your promises as repeatedly proven... including by sending us Jesus as the savior promised through Your word for hundreds of years. 
Help me to trust Your promised Bible TRUTHS .... even when my feelings don't "feel" truth.
Help me to fight temptations to give UP and give IN.... even when my feelings have
trouble praising You through the troubles!

Daily Devotions for Daily Dieters pages ©2013 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Other encouraging resources:  http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com