Friday, January 10, 2014

Wilting Philodendron Diet Parable .... by DianaDee Osborne

January 10
Yesterday was NOT a good day..... diet-wise.
Oh, it started out good..... Bible study with friends, prayer time at altar,
   lovely time playing sanctuary piano all alone with God,
       nice stretch at the gym,  small but nourishing lunch.......
fun teaching guitar to someone,    more fun on the piano........
And then 
someone got mad at me.
I understand the viewpoint,
yet I was right and for God's Work, I needed to teach that I was right.
And then
someone who didn't believe I know about instruments
still seemed very mad at me,
which has made me very sad.
And last night, I spent four hours before bedtime  being very sad at this.
  This morning as I prepared to brush my teeth,
I saw the large glass of water by the sink that I had filled last night.
I was supposed to water my philodendron.  I forgot.
I rushed in with the glass and, sure enough, the plant was
beginning to wilt.
Then God brought this thought to my mind:
Yes,  I had a wonderful time studying His Word with friends yesterday morning.
A delightful hour dedicated to Him at His altar.
Wonderful time praying and expressing my joy to Him as I played piano KNOWING
      without a doubt that He has so tremendously increased my natural skills....
a fact related to guitar that I shared with my guitar student.
But then,  after the person got mad at me,
I went home to wilt.
     Yes, I prayed.       But I didn't pull out my Bible.
            And I   DID   pull out a lot of so-called 
                              comfort  food  from the refrigerator.

which obviously is not so  comforting  today.  ☹

GOD'S ENCOURAGEMENT
2nd Corinthians 3:18
"So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image. --New Living Translation

 "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."  New KJV

PRAYER
LORD  God,  I truly do want to react to to problems and sadnesses
in a way that pleases YOU.   In a way that REFLECTS You,  like you told me in 2nd Corinthians 3:18.
Help me to remember that I can ---  If I believe Your Word and call on Your help   as you promised in 
that very same 2nd Corinthians 3:18.
 

©2013 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Other encouraging resources:  http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com