Sunday, January 5, 2014

Wisdom Words for Dieting ......... by DianaDee Osborne

January 5
James 1: 5 and 6.... These have always been my favorite words from God.
My logic tells me that if I don't have wisdom,  
I won't know that John 3:16 really  IS  important.
How can I know what a "savior" is   &    why I need one
if I don't have Wisdom?  So these James 1, verses 5 and 6 mean a lot to me:

"If any of you lacks     wisdom , let him ask of God, who gives to all   (all  all   all  all .....)
liberally and without reproach, 
and it will be given to him.   
 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, 
for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind."  (New King James Version) 
There's a super-modern (probably unofficial!)  translation of James 1:6 that says
a person who doubts is like a WIMPY  WEED..... :)

The church that I most love to worship in  is about to begin a 3-week "Daniel Fast."
Its purpose is for us to draw closer to God, seeking His 
WISDOM  and  EMPOWERING  to share His great news of salvation to others.

Others in the church are excited.
My first reaction:   FEAR.   How can I understood yet another set of rules on what to eat or not eat.  
How can I find mental energy to figure out how to not trigger my hypoglycemia?  or interfere with the
doctor's medicines for trying to get my metabolism to inch up?
And here we have a diet that apparently  GOD  approves....  talk about pressure,  trying to please God!  (Book of Daniel chapters 1 and 10)

My second reaction:   HOPE.   I'm not as smart as I'd like.  But God is telling me in James 1:5-6 and elsewhere that I can depend on HIM for wisdom.  No ---
           that's not quite right.
God says I  MUST  depend on Him for wisdom. 
And Dieting assuredly needs wisdom.

So with God's guidance,  I've found a "how to" internet site with 
PICTURES  that actually make sense to me.   http://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Daniel-Fast
And a goal that is put right where it belongs,  at the top:
The purpose of   not just "the Daniel Fast"  but
                  ANY  DIET  plan
is to develop      our relationship with God.
To put GOD  first,  before food & beverage & amusements &.

ENCOURAGEMENT
Proverbs 16: 3   Commit your actions to the LORD, and your plans will succeed.  
Proverbs 16: 2   People may be pure in their own eyes, but the LORD examines their motives.
Proverbs 16: 1  We can make our own plans, but the LORD gives the right answer.

PRAYER
LORD,  I respond to your James 1:5  OFFER with this prayer:
YES --- I very much want Your Wisdom.  Please help me to HEAR it.
Please help me to     HEART    it -- putting it in my heart.  This I pray, with deep thanks to You.

©2013 DianaDee Osborne;  all rights reserved.  But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Other encouraging resources:  http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com/