Sunday, March 29, 2015

Mindless Mantras and Feelings - by DianaDee Osborne

March 29

God definitely does not like mindless "mantras".  
How do we know?

Because God gave us minds, made us in His image with the gifts of intellect and free will.  
(see Genesis 1:26-27 and 9:9 and Colossians 1:15)

Because God CALLS, "Come, Let us REASON together."  (Isaiah 1:18).

Because God URGES us to "Have the mind of Christ" through his human speaker Paul in
                First Corinthians 2:16 and more. 

A mantra is a phrase said over and over, that almost mesmerizes you, lures you into
                  mindless agreement.  

I am both comforted and encouraged as I remind myself over and over of these truths:
MY   FEELINGS   LIE.
GOD   CANNOT   LIE.

I FEEL HOPELESS WHEN I ONCE AGAIN FAIL, 
like on a diet.
BUT GOD SAYS MY FEELINGS LIE 
if they don't match His Truth.
And YOUR feelings lie if they don't match God's Truth..... 
What does God's Truth say?
"I will never leave you nor forsake you."
     (Hebrews 13:5.  Matthew 28: end.  
LOGIC -- because God loves me enough to send His son 
to die for me to be saved....  LOGICAL LOVE
even thoughts try to say over and over into my mind
that I should feel like I've failed God - should quit.

ENCOURAGEMENT - First John 4.
15.  Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
16.  And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

17.   Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

18a and 19.    There is no fear in love...We love Him because He first loved us.

No matter how I feel,  even if I fail yet another day by ignoring God's thoughts concerning my food choices,  still God loves me and will help me when I keep asking.  It's logic for us ALL
MY   FEELINGS   LIE.
GOD   CANNOT   LIE.
PRAYER
Lord, I believe.  Help Thou my unbelief.  Mark 9:24 again.
Help me remember that FEELINGS LIE  but You never do:  And you've promised to help us all when we simply ask you.  LORD,  I ask.  Please forgive the times I've ignored your help before.  I truly seek to worship You with my lifestyle as well as my mind.  I pray for the Mind of Christ that ignores doubts in Your love and care about even little things-- like helping me in a diet.  I believe your Word.   Titus 1:2 Truth.


HINTS
You probably already know that memorizing God's Word will help you when these lying feelings hit you -- when you feel like such a failure that you're rather like Adam and Eve thinking that it's best to hide from God for awhile.
       But did you know that Jesus  PROMISED  God Himself  HELPS  you  MEMORIZE and remember His  SCRIPTURES?!
REALLY!
LITERALLY!! :)
THIS IS SO COOL!!   Check John 14:26.  "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
AND IT GETS BETTER!!  God gives us a PATTERN, "verse 26.   Check Romans 8:26.  Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us* with groanings which cannot be uttered.
JOYS  from  GOD through OTHERS:
From Brother Lawrence's THE PRACTICE OF THE PRESENCE OF GOD (written in the late 1600s;  Public Domain:)
“ “We ought not to be weary of doing little things for the love of God ...."
     God is even MORE pleased, surely, when we ignore our feelings and choose to believe His Word.  After all,  aren't YOU more pleased when people choose to believe you despite their feelings?



======================================================== 
©2012, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved.  An earlier version published 29 November 2012
FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment