Monday, March 23, 2015

Tornado Warning Dieting Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 23                                                                          SUBSCRIBE  
"A Tornado Warning." 
STARTLING   words to awaken to. 
I had calmly replied as I just kept typing, to the simple question: 
"What did you get your husband for his birthday?" 
The news reporter then kept trying to convince me that 
a REALLY loving wife would get a more "traditional" gift, 
like new tools or sports stuff: Expensive gifts to show love. 

Again I calmly replied:  "There's 
NOTHING  more loving than a tornado warning." .... 

At this point in dream, I realized I had discovered a 
REAL way to know when & where dangerous twisters would come. 
What I was typing? 
More warnings, to people I didn't love dearly like my husband, didn't really know well. 
=============================================

YES!  Our health is important!   Our bodies are our "vehicles" for 
getting around the world as we serve & witness to our LORD.

YES!  Our diet is important!  NOT the number or the scale, but the
NUTRITION and ENERGY that results for careful food choices.

YES!  Exercise is important!  NOT a lot of check marks on a TO DO sheet,
but the STRENGTH and STAMINA that comes from careful selection
of building up our body so that we can serve & witness to our LORD -- 
and of course,
REJOICE with our LORD in the JOY of fun exercise and              
doing all we are able to do for increasing physical health...         
           John 10:10,  Jesus truly wants us to have an abundant Life with Him! 
=================

But we must BEWARE lest we become so self-focused on our bodies --
on our diets, our exercise plans, our shopping trips to buy groceries, etc.,
that we begin neglected what God has called us for:
The EXCITING mission of being His witnesses:

God has given EACH of us His access to wisdom (James 1:5
to know signs of the coming Storm + Only Safe WAY to Shelter -->
               Jesus, our Savior & God (Isaiah 43:9 on). 
Including telling people we don't know well. 
Satan loves nothing more than to get people so SELF focused
DID YOU KNOW? >> GOD DECLARES GUILTY 
all who KNOW a truth he or she has witnessed 
BUT DOES NOT SHARE IT:    Leviticus 5:1 & Ezekiel 33:3 on.

Jesus said WE are His witnesses 
                       (ACTS 1:8,  end of Matthew,  etc.)

    to the Truth... Salvation...  HOLY-ness of God...
YES! Diet is important ... 
But GOD - not diet - must be our Focus.

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I know that YOU are important Above All --
far above my appearance, or anything else.
Please give me wisdom, encouragement, whatever I need to
YES -   Be a good caretaker / steward of this body you gave me.

Help me stand on Your Truth and not my true but Wrong Feelings.
Help me to ALSO, though, remember -- show LOVE to others:
Help me to share YOUR STORM WARNINGS to others -- Your Truth such as Jesus's warnings in Matthew 24.
I dearly love You and seek your Ephesians 3:20-21 empowering
to share YOUR TRUTH with others.... even as I follow Your truth.
Including to call on you for Help in fighting temptations of all kinds:
First Corinthians 10:13,  knowing I CAN stand, with Your Help!
I pray in the Mighty Name of Jesus, our Prince of Peace.

==========================================================
©2015 (by DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved.  
FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Contact via:  https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.  Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment