Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Broken Harness Piece Dieting Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 18                                                                         SUBSCRIBE  
A piece broke on my little cat's harness..
but I don't care about perfectionism in my own clothing,
much less the cat's. So - since the tag stayed on -
I ignored it. She doesn't go outside more than a few yards
from the back door, stalking birds (that always
escape her). I figured this little piece poking out
from her harness did not hurt anything.
    BUT THEN:  the other cat grabbed it;   
      dragged down my little kitty and held  
     her to the floor.                                        

NOT LONG: But long enough for me to realize
I'm risking her life when she goes outdoors, if some
dog or racoon comes into the yard and grabs that
little tiny piece of harness.


We often ignore little "broken" things, figuring
they're surely not important.   
That includes concerning our diet choices. 
I don't see anything in the Bible saying that God
cares about the details of my number or calories or
fat grams.  But in my mind, I  KNOW what's right....
I need to remember:  Fix little things right away.    
Lest something big and worse result.


God's Supporting Word 
Luke 16:10                                  LINK

“He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much."   -- Jesus said so.
A pattern for me to remember.

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I *feel* that little things don't matter...
but experience shows that they do. Please forgive me.
Please help me to make wise decisions -- GLADLY, REJOICING in
knowing that you care and offer help!

==========================================================
©2015 (by DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved.  
FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Contact via:  https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.  Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment