Thursday, March 26, 2015

Offbeat Literally Music Dieting Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 26                                                                          SUBSCRIBE  
I didn't "send ahead" tracks from my home music studio 
via Google Drive before arriving at my 
professional studio session last Friday. 
So I was watching with amused expectation as 
my producer started initial mixing while 
hearing the song for the first time. 

A drummer for bands, he was instinctively nodding his head 
to the beat as he mixed. SURE ENOUGH-- 
He stopped mid movement as soon as the violins came in, 
& looked puzzled. 
I was struggling to hide my laughter as I watched: 
I'd deliberately created "flexible timing" so that the 
violins were always Slightly Off Beat, 
to reflect the tension of the words of Psalm 119:161 SHIN 
re STUMBLING ---- and as a drummer, he
clearly noticed what sounded like mistakes, off the beat.

God yearns for us to know His Word-- His "beat"-- so well that we're Startled and Notice when someone's preaching is "just a little off" what God's Bible actually says. 
God wants ME to know His Word so well
that when I start thinking of a temptation, 
whether it be to overeat or overshop or anything else,
I'll remember Him; remember His Words;
remember that He will HELP me if I ask;
remember that I am not honoring Him if I do not....

May we become     so aware of God's Beat     
that we'll be instantly aware, like my drummer studio guy,
that   SOMETHING'S WRONG   when it just a BIT off
what is true and right.


PRAYER
LORD GOD, help me to see how IMPORTANT  it is to be right on with
YOUR beat.... to not become careless... to keep watching and listening to YOU.
Help me to not become so accustomed to the offbeat, offtime parts of my life
that I quit noticing:
GOD HIMSELF HAS CALLED THIS A SIN.
I MUST NOT EXCUSE IT..... 
must not tell myself, "Oh, it's normal. God will understand."

With deep thanks to Claxton Wilson of Valley Worship
& Praise professional music studio, for all his great work!

==========================================================
©2015 (by DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved.  
FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Contact via:  https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.  Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment