Sunday, March 8, 2015

Nothing is Useless Dieting Promise - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 8
The title of this blog is a bit misleading, because
the promise has a condition:   
Nothing at all that we do... including dieting.... 
is useless when
we are doing it "for the LORD".
That's the phrase used in First Corinthians 15:58.
That's the PROMISE  God gives in First Corinthians 15:58.


I confess that I often step off the scale saying "What's the use?"
Then I often slump around in a dumpy mood if I think I
"suffered"  in dieting & in the gym the week (or month:} before.
But then I remember:

God doesn't care about the scale.
God cares about our relationship.
And if my attitude is that I want to reflect Him,
to act in a way that Jesus would (which includes healthy habits and self-control),
then I've ACCOMPLISHED that
even during the week that gave no visible results.    The same for ALL of us!               


SO TAKE HEART NO MATTER WHAT THE SCALE SAYS!:

NOTHING  you do for the LORD is useless.  
HE says so!               Click here for scripture link.>>

First Corinthians 15:58,  New Living Translation:
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. 
Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, 
for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  Help me to stop being so selfish,  so self-centered,  that I want fast results for any efforts I make to break ANY  bad habit.  Sometimes the time of endurance seems so long, and the time of results seem so slow in coming.   I dearly do love You and offer this tiny sacrifice to You.  Please forgive my discouragement and bring a "Romans 8:28" out of it ---- show me how I can help other people be encouraged in Your promises also! 

======================================================================
©2013, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Earlier format published in 2013. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment