Monday, March 2, 2015

Embarrassed Witness - song MP3 by DianaDee Osborne

March  2                                                                        SUBSCRIBE  

My own repeated choices of overeating,  of
     (dare I call it gluttony?  I prefer not....),
    giving in to this common sin    
 actually made me open to the Holy Spirit's leading of
the song below-- given in minutes from God....

It doesn't help when friends in church mean well 
and tell us, “oh, don't worry about it...."
"It's not important...."
"Lots of people do that..."  (over-eat, whether or not  overweight).

God is a Holy God who says "You must be holy as I am Holy."   Holy doesn't get defined as "perfect, without sin"  in Hebrew (God's language, remember).
.... It  means  "set apart for God." 
I must ask, we must ask, 
Have I set myself aside for God alone... or for "God PLUS"?
(1 Peter 1:16, Lev. 11: 44-45,  Leviticus 20:26).

    2nd Corinthians 3:18....    

If we reflect God badly, even little things,
we might hinder other people from coming to Him.  
 

 Do we as individuals OR as churches focus on that Truth?
======================================================


EMBARRASSED  WITNESS              (song)
Dedicated to our HOLY God, 21 October  2010 
ALBUM:      Amazing  Holy Spirit 'n' Church   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/Songs-2008-2012.php
CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE) 


LYRICS
VERSE 1
Why am I NOT embarrassed  by the things I do alone?
Things I would NEVER do or SAY if Jesus were
visibly right by my arm?        YET HE'S HERE
God I'm desperate!          Help me witness to Your
Glory.  Please fill me      with Your Holy Spirit Power  for Your
Kingdom -- not just for me.  Help me
be a good witness for You!

VERSE 2
Why aren't Christians embarrassed  by the things we do outside church walls?
Things we would NEVER do or SAY if Jesus were
visibly right by our sides?        YET HE'S HERE
God we're desperate!      Help us witness to Your
Glory.  Please fill us  with Your Holy Spirit Power  for Your
JOY through us, Your Church.
  Help us
be a good witness for You!


VERSE 3
Why aren't churches embarrassed  by the 

things we do right within church walls?
Things we would NEVER do or SAY if Jesus were
visibly right by our sides?        YET HE'S HERE!

God we're desperate!      Help us witness to Your
Glory.  Please fill us  with Your Holy Spirit Power  for Your
JOY through us, Your Church.  Help us
be a good witness for You!


READING
First John Chapter One,   verse 2:
Help me, Lord, be a good witness FOR You through my acts.
Second Corinthians 3:18,
Help me reflect You and not cause others to think badly of YOU, I pray.


PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I dearly do love You. Please forgive me when I focus on ME.
Especially when I make excuses that "it's normal" (whatever IT is).
Please help me SEE when I am a poor witness for you...
When I do not reflect you:  2nd Corinthians 3:18. With my love.

=====================================================
©2013, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment