Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Comforts Comfort Comfort - by DianaDee Osborne

March 31
One of my favorite websites is www.blueletterbible.org which is free and doesn't distract me with ads while I search God's Word.  And one of my favorite searches are 3 simple words (using New KJV):
 comforts comfort comfort

This is AMAZING:  Isaiah's book has been called the "Bible in Miniature" with its 66 chapters whose themes God has to reflect the themes in His 66 Bible books.  And the final chapter, verse 13, is God's promise after a book full of God's warnings:

"As one whom his mother comforts, So I will comfort you; And you shall be comforted in Jerusalem."
TODAY'S PRAYER = .... Thank You, God!  Thank You!

This is AMAZING:  This set of 3 words occurs together only one more time, in Second Corinthians 1:4, saying that God "who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

This is AMAZING: God knows how much we need comfort.  God is compassionate when I turn to things other than Him for comfort -- TV, novels, food, shopping -- things that by themselves can be blessings until I use them to extreme.  Until I use them to distract me from God who's calling me to come to HIM for comfort.

This is AMAZING: God knows that we are comforted when we feel needed.  So He encourages each of us through 2nd Corinthians 1:4 --
When we are so down that we feel driven to go find something good to eat,
we can instead find comfort in seeking someone ELSE to comfort --
     a telephone call,
     a letter to write,
     a prayer to pray.....   time spent on someone besides "me."  
Time when I'm enjoying comforting someone else instead of focusing on me.

GOD'S  AMAZING  promise:
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies 
and God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those 
who are in any trouble, with the 
comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our 
consolation also abounds through Christ. 
GOD'S  AMAZING  promise:
Dear God.... Thank you.  Thank you.  Help me to be more thankful.  And to show my thanks by obeying you by my determined choice.  I pray in the Name of Christ who died for me.

======================================================== 
©2012, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved.  An earlier version published 4 December 2012
FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment