Monday, March 30, 2015

Sun Dog Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

March 30
       The cold sun was lowering in the late afternoon across a quietly rippling muddy river.  After all the fog and rains,  the layers of many shades of white clouds were constantly changing.  Constantly surprising.     One rich milky layer would suddenly dissipate into feathers and the disappear.  Another would suddenly be at crosswinds with two more layers,   then straighten out into rivers of clouds above reflecting on the river below.

        As I sat on my sweater amid crunchy leaves,
staring at the scene.  Staring into my heart.  Sorta praying.  
Sorta not.

       Day before yesterday was not a good day.  Oh, no events were bad in my life.  Compared to the lives of literally millions of people on yesterday, my life was heaven on earth.

       But my heart was heavy on earth.
       I missed my son who had come to visit after a year, who probably can't return from so far away  for another year.  Travel is expensive. Life requires work, and vacation time is a precious  jewel.
       I missed my daughter who had come to visit after 7 months, who lives so far away that I don't know when I'll see her again.

SUDDENLY A  LARGE  SQUARE RAINBOW APPEARED IN THE CLOUDS --
A  "SUN DOG"   it's called.      Red-orange-yellow-green-blue brilliant light hovering  at the side of the sun, reflecting its light through the cloud crystals.
        As the sun dog reflected the sun's light,  I finally listened to God and remembered:
        For 4 years,  the key verse of my life, of my music ministry and writing ministry to LORD God has been Second Corinthians 3:18.  And it was time to stop being selfish.
To start remembering
GOD'S  AMAZING  promise:  2nd Corinthians 3:18 

The summary of this verse = (1) REFLECT GOD 
 (2) And you CAN do this -- HOW DO YOU KNOW?? -- in same verse --> 
                  because God sends His Holy Spirit to help you.
Click here for DETAILS
 

ANOTHER of GOD'S  AMAZING  promises:
2nd Corinthians 1:4
".....the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

God cares about me and you
even as we sit, wallowing in sadness.
Offering us gladness.
A stupid sounding rhyme -- but it's TRUTH!

And God gives us PURPOSE for our sadness!   He has comforted us.
Now it's time to stop comforting myself, ourselves, with food and shopping and TV and etc.
It's time to start comforting others:
Whatever you've done, God will forgive 
if you ask.
Whatever has happened, God will comfort 
  if you ask.
And instead of comforting myself during this hour of this day --
I pray that  these words I have "discovered" from God that comfort me -- will comfort YOU.
     2nd Corinthians 1:4.  Our purpose is to worship and serve God and comfort His people.
           And He calls EVERYONE to be "His People".  
2nd Peter 3:9.  2nd Timothy 2:4 thru 6.........

       And -- oh yeah -- "THE WORLD"  in John 3: both 16 and 17.   Plus more verses.
May we each be rainbow sundogs  reflecting God
amid Life's  racing clouds, 
guiding someone else to
         the JOY and COMFORT of Him.

======================================================== 
©2012, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved.  An earlier version published 8 December 2012.
FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment