Sunday, March 22, 2015

When Opinions Matter DIETING Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 22                                                                          SUBSCRIBE  
"Other people's opinion's don't matter." 
That's another one of those pretty SOUNDBITES 
we hear so much on FB & Twitter, 
often with pretty pictures --
like in the 4D     Devotion for yesterday. 
                     (Daily Devotions for Daily Dieters :)
 .
Sometimes TRUE> 
Only God's opinion truly matters.  
.

We're tempted to quickly respond to opinions of us with a bit of anger, like
"I think I'm a pretty nice & caring person." 
 "God will deal with them for all their gossip." 

= COMMON REACTIONS when we hear people criticize. 
But repeatedly God's word tells US to 
encourage others to obey Him, to have what we call the 'Fruits of the Spirit' 
        (Galatians 5 end, which includes describing people who DON'T).
Sometimes God speaks to our hearts   (Psalms: "minds")
with a warning thru others' view of us.
The only way to obey: 
To pray for wisdom (James 1:5) and 
gently speak Truth to them: Ephesians 4:25, and 4:15
And humbly remember:
   Sometimes people will obey God by                   
     speaking Truth in Love to US. God calls us to  
   pray for wisdom, including about opinions.        
They might be God's gift to us... His Wisdom on 
how or IF to respond to opinions certainly is!

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I confess I'm self-conscious about how I look ...
sometimes about silly things, but especially about ways people might
criticize me about, including my makeup or hair styles, my clothing, and
of course related to my weight.

Please forgive me for any unloving thoughts when people "share opinions"
with me. Help me to just pray for your wisdom, to respond kindly as Jesus would,
to consider their words, and do with them as you call us to do by seeking truth:
Either ignore them without holding grudges, or pray for how I should 
change to reflect these ideas that You've brought to my attention through them.

I'm sorry for being so self-focused. What I want MOST: To reflect you.
Help me do so, I pray... Romans 8:26 praying for help in praying!....
so that I'll grow in reflecting You as You said in 2nd Corinthians 3:18.   LINK
For I dearly love YOU, Lord, more than me.  More than me.

Supporting Scriptures  
2nd Corinthians 3:18.   LINK
"So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and 
reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is
the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as 
we are changed    into his glorious image.

==========================================================
©2015 (by DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved.  
FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Contact via:  https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.  Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment