Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Red Sky Dieting Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 25                                                                          SUBSCRIBE  
"Red sky in morning, Sailors take warning." 
This morning's fiery sky began with Blah Blue in the west. 
But soon the western view became Drab Snow Gray.... 
Checked weather site: 
The snow potential predicted for west of DC has changed to 
'Just Rain': No pounding storm. No blasting winds. REPRIEVE! .. 

 Image result for photo fire red sunrise

A timely remembrance: Over 2,000 years ago, 
JESUS quoted this Red Sky weather proverb-- WARNINGS people knew long ago to PREPARE; not a time to go out fishing! ...  Matthew 16 WARNINGS to us all.

Still true today when we're tempted to do what God says is wrong: 
The time before Results come is only a temporary REPRIEVE. 
A Timely reminder from God today, thru a Facebook  friend, Benny: 

"You... were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; 
rather, serve one another humbly in love. (Galatians 5:13 NIV). 
VERSE 16:
"So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. 
Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves."

FOR AWHILE  God in His mercy may allow us to 
continue on our way,
overeating,  indulging in drinking or etc. >>  even 
other habits people call Normal, like overshopping,
gossiping, sitting all day without exercise our bodies need.
REPRIEVE .... God gives us time!
James 4:7-8 >>
When we draw TOWARD God, He-- like the loving father of the Prodigal Son-- runs toward us! Isn't He Awesome??!

Satan who yearns for us to be destroyed, Jesus said 
(John 10:10)  drops thoughts into our minds (Romans 12: 1 & 2):
  "Just enjoy today.... There's always tomorrow to diet....
or whatever."


PRAYER
LORD, help me heed Your Warnings. I THANK You
for Your mercies in this extra time, this REPRIEVE before
my body is completely destroyed by my carelessness.
Help me to stop thinking "I'll start tomorrow".
Romans 7 is SO true for me: I want to obey you, but I
instead follow my flesh's desires too often. I NEED You!
Help me to move into Romans 8's promised Life:
James 4:7-8, Help me to resist temptation and DRAW to YOU!


==========================================================
©2015 (by DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved.  
FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Contact via:  https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.  Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment