Sunday, March 15, 2015

Chasing Crows Dieting Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 15                                                                     SUBSCRIBE  

Someone decided to go to the gym first in today's schedule.
By the time I got there, crows were feasting,
tearing into all the black garbage bags in the 
big pickup truck bed.
Funny thing is:  The Dump is  LESS  than one mile away.
Because someone did not do what was most needed first,
much time was needed cleaning the mess.
Including by gym employees who'd have to
go "chase down" trash that the wind blew across the 
parking lot.


So What does this have to do with dieting?

It's easy for me to get my priorities wrong, too.
Especially when I enjoy one thing- like gym- and
don't look forward to other needed things - 
like getting trash out of my life.

We each need to get the trash out of our diets, our lives,
so that we can have a healthy, joyful life that lasts
for beyond whatever junk food is easy to grab.
The longer we let our trash stay: The more work we cause.
More damage. Sometimes affecting others as they watch us.

God's Supporting Word 

2nd Corinthians 3:18 - God even HELPS us get rid of trash:

So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  help me to set priorities the way YOU approve.
Give me wisdom;  I pray James 1:5.                             Click here for link
Give me endurance; I pray James 1:2.
Give me perseverance to keep putting on the weapons you've promised
that will HELP me to get the trash out of my life... including JUNK FOOD 
not made to strengthen this body gift from you.... I pray and Thank you for your Caring!

==========================================================
©2015 by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Contact via:  https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment