Thursday, March 12, 2015

Weeping For Sins that Hurt God - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 12
I witnessed something unusual in March 2013. It was memorable.
In church.
By the leader.
Who was talking about how people sin against our loving God.
Who we'd been listening to -- but perhaps not super intently --
            Until he started weeping.

It wasn't a show.
He was himself surprised, a bit sheepish to "let down his guard."
At first.
And then he said what we all should be feeling: 
 Why DON'T  we  all  weep  at all the sins in this 
 world that hurt Our LORD God's heart?        
    At our own sins.  Even when we  ___<fill in blank>   

For some of us, that BLANK
may seem "normal": Overeating, overspending, 
over-immersed in Facebook & Internet & etc,
over-joyed by gossip about people we don't really like,
over-whelmed by compulsions to do GOOD things like
clean house or exercise or _______ ...... good when in moderation, that is. 

May this be our ... LORD, may this be  MY
PRAYER:
LORD GOD, I pray with the words YOU inspired
in Psalm 119: 136,  
"Rivers of water run down from my eyes, 
Because men do not keep Your law."   
Please help ME to keep Your commandments LORD --- 
 NOT  with  a  selfish  goal  only  for my happiness,  NOT  only so I can be proud at
some accomplishments... NOT  to have fun in heaven... NOT  only for me, me, me...
but because it gives YOU,    LORD,     pleasure.

First Chronicles 1:29                                                              Click Here for Link
“I know also, my God, that You test the heart and have pleasure in uprightness.
As for me, in the uprightness of my heart I have willingly offered all these things;
and now with joy I have seen Your people, who are present here to offer willingly to You.

Help me to obey You -- my loving HOLY Father God -- 
just because You told me to do or to not do something-- 
Because I dearly want to please You, whom I love.
===========
                                                                                                   LINK  to Psalm 119 PE
129..... Your testimonies are wonderful;  Therefore my soul keeps them.
130.....  The entrance of Your words gives light;  ​It gives understanding to the simple.
131.....  I opened my mouth and panted,  ​For I longed for Your commandments.
132.....  Look upon me and be merciful to me, As Your custom is 
                                  toward those who love Your name.
 God's Psalm brought back to music, by His empowering:
PSALM  119 Loving Living Word: PE (verses 129-136)
ALBUM:      Amazing  Psalms 'n' Promises   
Song location  http://DianaDeeOsborneSongs.com/NEW-Songs.php

               CLICK HERE FOR AUDIO  download (FREE)                       


==========================================================
©2013, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Earlier format published 12 March 2013. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment