Saturday, March 21, 2015

Pretty Words Soundbites Dieting Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 21                                                                          SUBSCRIBE  
The pretty poster below is "spreading like wildfire"
on Pinterest and Facebook. And it looks nice.
I made a file to remind me of the words....
but I didn't put it in my PHOTOS directory.

I put it my computer's BIBLE STUDIES folder --
with the filename "False teaching 2nd Corin 12_10"

The words LOOK right, 
SEEM Biblical, and-- after all-- they 
seem to Quote God's Word
But look it up: 
 NOTHING     about DOING stuff first and 
"THEN GOD COMES".... 

 

God ACTUALLY inspired this Word from Himself:
"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, 
in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. 
For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corin 12:10

That POSTER is SO WRONG,  including for when we
need His help in dieting... fighting temptations (I Corin 10:13),
wisdom on what to eat that will make us healthy,
wisdom and encouragement on which exercises are best.
God yearns for RELATIONSHIP with us...
not just end results!   He loves for us to ASK HIM to
step in and be with us as our Guide all thru this 
journey of Life.
================================= 
God's Supporting Scriptures
God says just the opposite of this picture: 
Pray &  WAIT  on Him. 
Psalm 37:9 and 46:10.         CLICK ON EACH FOR LINK
Isaiah 30 as well as the oft quoted Isaiah 40 >>
     WAIT... then will RISE up like Eagles. 

FB, Twitter etc great for obeying God in encouraging each other 
(I Thess 5:11,   and  Hebrew 3:13). 
But 
BEWARE OF PRETTY SOUNDBITES. 
Satan "sounded good" to Eve-- 
and even in "encouraging", 
pretty words to Jesus.
                                        (Matthew 4   AND   Luke 4).

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  I do need Your help. I can't do like that poster misquotes of You,
struggling and failing in efforts on my own without You...
never asking Your help until I'm desperate.
I need You now and humbly ask your Presence, your Help...
As YOU invited me, I BOLDLY come to your Throne of Grace...
Hebrews 4:16.  THANK YOU for being 
          SUCH a God who gladly offers help!

==========================================================
©2015 (by DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved.  
FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Contact via:  https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.  Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment