Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Feeding the Cat TV Dieting Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH  10
I love my 2 cats.
I love to watch God's birds dance on the deck enjoying seeds.
Combine the two... I make my cats happy by "feeding their TV"...
       throwing out lots of bird food and then enjoying
            watching them enjoy their "show" only inches 
beyond their noses.... sadly for them, on the other side of the glass.
  But I've noticed something about the cats.  

After a few hours of loving my gift to them,
the cats get bored.  They wander over somewhere to take a nap.
If they fall asleep in front of the glass and a bird starts pecking
at the window, by their nose,
          they'll open one eye, decide they're bored, and snooze more.

SO  WHAT ??
ok, what's this to do with dieting?  Where's the parable?
    I've noticed something  about me.              
I get all excited when God answers a prayer,
provides a prayed-for  OR an unexpected blessing.
But like an overwhelmed child at Christmas, I lose the excitement.
Then I start looking for something else to interest me.

For me, the "something else" is a different kind of food.
Once in awhile, it's a shopping trip that leads to much more than I need or planned,  
        thinking the purchases will make me happy again. 
Others may use alcohol or bad videos (you know what I mean) or too much internet or.......  
  whatever.  Like CATS,  we get tired of God's blessings  
         sometimes.... start looking for something new
             or start making our own plans without God. 
When we're bored and start planning more food in our day,
that's a good time to especially focus on getting God's help...

FOR THE LORD is our GREATEST BLESSING EVER....
ALMIGHTY GOD  Who actually loves 'me' even when I ____.

PRAYER  -- with God's supporting Words:
LORD GOD,  help me to stop treating you so care-less-ly.  Help me to stop taking Your love and Your forgiveness and help for granted.  I am SO amazed by even the multitude of promises You have made in Your original Testament of words....  Like >>
"But this [is] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD:
I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts;
and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they all shall know Me,
from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD.
For I will forgive their iniquity,
and their sin I will remember no more."
 -- GOD's Promise PROPHECY that no one understood                
                               until God  sent Jesus His Son as Savior for all who repent;
and His Holy Spirit to REMIND us of all God's scriptures  --  John 14:26 !!!        LINK

Help me remember Your continuing warning in verse 36:  
Any of us who reject You -- Israel or  Christ-followers >>
        Your Grafted in children who learned of Your Grace through Jesus (Romans 11) -- 
are in serious danger when we start insulting You 
by ignoring You and Your multitude of blessings given in Your love for us.
Psalm 106 and 107 CLEARLY describe your anger at complaints. 
Help me to NOT get bored with You .... to be Thankful & Trusting.
To fight the temptation to eat & shop etc seeking 
               JOY that is waiting            
as soon as I come back to talk with You.
 


=====================================================
©2013, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. Earlier format published in 2013. Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment