Friday, March 20, 2015

Naughty Cat Dieting Parable - DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 20                                                                         SUBSCRIBE  
What *IS* it with cats??! Literally, for 5 minutes I walk away forgetting to close the closet door that's above stairwell space: It's like a waist-high shelf and up, so I keep my many boxes of greeting cards in there. Took out the address book to go make a quick phone call-- & then there's a CRASH. 

Lea *knows* she's not allowed thru any doors in our small open-design house. Yet the moment she gets a chance, thinks she can get away unseen...... 

Of course, I suspect that God too must sometimes
 'shake His head' wondering, 
"What *IS* it with people??" ... 
He gives us blessings far beyond little cat toys & treats... 
yet it seems we so often are searching 
for something else to amuse us....

    Why am I always seeking new foods to try?   
Is it because I'm bored with God's many blessings...
   Tired of "waiting on the LORD"? (Psalm 46:10)

When I can answer that,
I'll know a strong tool for
fighting temptations to "eat beyond".

PRAYER
LORD GOD,  Please help me to remember to focus on ALL your blessings---
more than just good food  (and it IS indeed a blessing to have more than I need,
thank you!). I ask that you help me to PUT  ON  your gifts weapons
against temptation... Ephesians 6:10-end.  Including the SWORD of Your WORD.

==========================================================
©2015 (by DianaDee Osborne (all material)all rights reserved.  
FREE personal usage; see website.
** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
Contact via:  https://www.facebook.com/dianadee.osborne
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format.  Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment