Saturday, March 7, 2015

ICY Diet Parable - by DianaDee Osborne

MARCH 6
Woke up 2 mornings ago early... but slowly.....
Gradually aware of a tinkling sound outside the window.
Looked out.  Exclaimed "Oh NO!"   Sleet.  Lots of sleet.
Covering the branches and holly leaves.  Beautiful but annoying.
Covering the road.  Beautiful but really annoying.
I have places to go!   Things I want to do!

Like the grocery store.  Found a package of mushroom-rice stuff in freezer for
last Tuesday's dinner.  It was so wonderful -- and low calorie -- that I'd love some more.
Can't go to the store when the road is slick.  

Like to see friends.  Already have had several "snow days" this winter:
but now ready to go see people!!   Can't leave home when the road is slick.
I have places to go!   Things I want to do!
Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I AM God,"
God tells me in the first half of that verse.  Easy to do when ICE has me stuck at home.
James 4:8
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you,"
God tells me in the first half of that verse.  Easy to do when ICE has me stuck at home.
Hebrews 7:19 words from God give more comfort --
For the law never made anything perfect. But now we have confidence in a better hope, through which we draw near to God. 

           I      C       Y                      I     C            Y
           I    Come, YHWH      ----  I    Come to You
   my LORD and  THE  Jehovah over all.

Psalm 46:10 second half --
           I C Y    to declare that You are above all
that's so-called important, even nations.
Psalm 73:28 second half --
          I C Y    to declare all YOUR works,  above all other things.
Icy weather that has me stuck at home reminds me
that I watch my diet and spending and tongue (gossiping vs truth-telling) and etc
out of  LOVE for You and amazement --  for
YHWH  LORD JESUS came to US  that first Christmas morning.
Psalm 73:28
"But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my TRUST in the Lord GOD,   that I may declare all Your works .

PRAYER
LORD,  I  Come to You.  I forget so easily.  I get my focus so easily on important YET LESS important things, like dieting to look better or be healthy,  versus the true need to Reflect you in my choices including dieting.  Help me remember:  ICY...  I rest in You.  I trust in You.  Help me, I pray.

ENCOURAGEMENT
Psalm 145: 18-21
The LORD [is] near to all who call upon Him
       to all who call upon Him in truth. 
He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him;  He also will hear their cry and SAVE them. 
The LORD preserves all who love Him, But all the wicked He will destroy.  
My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD, 
And all flesh shall bless His holy name Forever and ever.

===============================================================
©2012, 2015 (registered with USCO) by DianaDee Osborne (all material),  
all rights reserved. FREE personal usage; see website.

** But feel free to print with copyright info, & share for nonprofit usage!
With thanks to BlueLetterBible.org  for providing God's Word in easy-to-research format. First version pub 12/26/12.  Additional encouraging resources at 
http://DianaDeeSongStories.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment